What you will learn
Join groups for effective self-paced learning
- Self-paced learning needs guidance. Interact with mentors via groups to learn more about the topic.
- Want to learn more? Start a thread in the discussion forum to get precise answers from the community.
- No prior experience required.
- Basic mechanical Engineering & IC engines knowledge, automobile knowledge, Diploma in IC engines, Automobile, Automotive technology
In the modern cars & vehicles, onboard diagnostics (OBD) have become as important and compulsory as the Automotive electronics. OBD has become a necessity to ensure even older vehicles are meeting the emission legislations. Learning about onboard diagnostics is very important in this twenty first century. The course elaborately addresses the below mentioned topics. The course also explains how any end user with the help of onboard diagnostic apps can easily figure out the various DTCs. Onboard diagnostics is an imperative part of the Automotive engineering.
- Automotive Engineering; On board Diagnostics .
- Origin of Onboard diagnostics & brief history of onboard diagnostics
- Why Onboard Diagnostics and the necessity of OBD in Automotive Engineering
- Benefits & advantages of Onboard diagnostics in Automotive Engineering
- Explaination of Diagnostic trouble code & Various acronyms
- Types of fault codes and explainations
- Manufacturer specific codes in Automotive Engineering
- Features and technology of OBD systems in Automotive Engineering
- Types of monitoring in OBDII(Similar to EOBD, JOBD)- Onboard diagnostics in various countries in Automotive Engineering
- Onboard Diagnostics -Apps; Various APPS available in market in Automotive Engineering
- Diagnosing Engine equipment & Equipment needed
- Diagnosing ignition systems & Equipment needed
- Diagnostics-Spark Plug& Equipment needed
- Diagnostics-Emissions & Equipment needed
- Diagnostics-Fuel injection & Equipment needed
- Diagnostics -cooling & Equipment needed
- Diagnostics –lubrication & Equipment needed
- Diagnosing Battery faults & Equipment needed
- Onboard diagnostics setup
Who this course is for:
- Automotive enthusiasts
- Engineering students